diy : boho wall hanging
our boho wall hanging is an eclectic textural mix of creamy white ribbons and string
With all the rain we received this winter in California, we were in desperate need of some fun and easy craft projects. On a run to Michael’s for inspiration, we meandered into the ribbon aisle and it hit us that we could collect some coordinating ribbons of various textures and styles, cut them into long pieces, and layer together to make a pretty and bohemian wall hanging.
What we loved about this project is how organic it is. You really only need a few things:
- A wooden dowel or metal pipe cut to your desired length
- Variety of ribbon spools- we suggest 4-5 different ribbons
- Any embellishments you like- head down the beading aise and grab anything that’s easy to string or glue onto on your ribbons
We found the best way to create this piece was with the following steps:
- Determine the location of your wall hanging, and tie the hanging cord.
- Play with your desired length of ribbon, and cut a double length (add a few extra inches to be safe). Tie onto the dowel.
- Go ahead and add a nail to the wall and hang- make sure it will be the right spot based on the length of your ribbon. If you’re not ready to do this, we still suggest you hang it on the wall to make adding ribbon easier- try removing something already hung and using that nail
- Keep playing around mixing your ribbons and embellishments together.
- Step back; you may want to add/move/edit. You also may want to trim the ends one length, or to be different lengths, or have a progressing angle. We liked the organic look of varying lengths