endless summer watermelon salad
As we cling onto the last days of summer and enter into fall, a refreshing side dish still hits the spot on balmy evenings. This easy salad is so crisp, with a perfect melding of sweet and savory... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Ingredients are below. We didn't call out specific quantities; simply gather components to your taste/preference.
- watermelon wedge (seedless)
- fresh basil or mint (or both!)
- crumbled feta cheese
- tomatoes (your favorite; we like heirlooms when they are available)
- dressing: balsamic vinegar and EVOO mix
Steps are SIMPLE (total prep time ~5 minutes):
- wash and chop your chosen herbs
- wash and chop tomato into bite-size pieces
- cube watermelon
- mix all together with olive oil feta
- garnish with fresh herbs and serve!